Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Filler: Burnt Offering

So, in the music industry, they call this 'filler.' When you can't put anything else on a album, you put in a throw away track to fill up space on the record. So for this blog, I'm in the process of writing the next post, but this caught my eye, and I figured it's been a while since I've posted anything. So here's my filler, stupid little facebook survey, but some of the answers were pretty fantastic. Leave a comment and do it yourself if it should strike you as something to waste a few minutes with


What does your music library say about you?

--------------------------
1. Put Your iTunes on Shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds!
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.
5. Tag at least 10 friends
--------------------------
What do your friends think of you?
'Happy Jack' by The Who "The kids couldn't hurt Jack, They tried, tried, tried. They dropped things on his back, They lied, lied, lied, lied, lied." [Yeah, this one could have worked out better]

If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
'Love You Like This' by Living Legends [Yeah, this really doesn't apply at all]

How would you describe yourself?
'Tell Me What You See' by The Beatles "Open up your eyes now, tell me what you see." [Perfect, since I'm awful at describing myself]

What do you like in a girl?
'Bowie' by Flight of the Conchords "Does the space cold make your nipples go pointy Bowie?" [This one strangely works, since any girl who likes Flight of the Conchords immediately gets another 50 points in my book]

How do you feel today?
'Essaywhuman?!!!??!' by The Roots "Now what we want is ya'll to do is sit back ya'll and just relax ya'll." [Works for me]

What is your life’s purpose?
'Give Me' by Atmosphere "Give me the money, Don't you dare stop there, Give me the mic, That's the tool, and I play it cool, Give me the life, I've seen things that used to be dreams, Give me the love, My name's Slug, give me a pound or a hug" [I'll take the pound and a hug, but as far as life purposes? I'm not much of a rapper.]

What is your motto?
'Paint the Seconds' by Chevelle "I'm about to give rise, Like the sun never could." [Probably should be my motto, but it's more like 'meh']

What do you think about very often?
'Three MC's and 1 DJ' by Beastie Boys "Three MC's and one DJ, We be getting down with no delay" [I do love hip hop, but I don't think about 3 Jewish guys from New York too often]

What is 2 + 2?
'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC [Yeah... not so much]

What do you think of your best friend?
'The Proud' by Talib Kweli "We survive, it's more than pride, We stay alive, ready to ride" [Haha, alright, ready to ride?]

What do you think of the person you like?
'Tramp' by Blueprint [It's really too good, so I'll link to the entire song: HAHAHAHAHAHA]

What is your life story?
'Just to Get A Rep' by Gangstarr "His time ran out his number came up and thats it, Ya know the rest so dont front the plan has been upset, Some brothers gotta go out, just to get a rep" [As well as the title of the song works, getting shot to get a rep from stick-ups and homicide isn't what I'm going for]

What do you want to be when you grow up?
'Shake Those Windows' by Athlete "In two seconds the beat was recognised, And all the old school heads nodded back in time, And though we just met i've known you all my life. Shake those windows, Songs and songs and beats and rhymes in life, This blackout it just helps to love those clear night skies" [An English bands song about old school hip hop, I can deal with it]

What do you think of when you see the person you like?
'Feather' by Nujabes ft CYNE "So I'm Driftin Away Like A Feather In Air, Lettin My Words Take Me Away From The Hurt And Despair" [Well, it certainly keeps the theme from Tramp, haha]

What will you dance to at your wedding?
'Last Living Souls' by Gorillaz "Are we the last living souls? Are we the last to get away to a song another day? Or do we know why we love, it doesn't seem to be conveyed that way!"


What will they play at your funeral?
'Lost!' by Coldplay "Just because I'm hurting, Doesn't mean I'm hurt, Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve, No better and no worse. I just got lost. Every river that I've tried to cross, And every door I ever tried was locked, And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off" [Wow]

What is your hobby/interest?
'Can't Leave Rap Alone' by Apathy ft Celph Titled and Ryu "The Rubix Cuban's at your door, but I ain't singin' no carols, I'm like Donkey Kong, I got you 'ninjas' dodgin' my barrels, Don't give a fuck where your label's from, We runnin' up in your office, holdin' your CEO hostage with a staple gun, And ain't no stoppin' this don; I got soccer moms Puttin' glocks in their palms and wildin' out to opera songs"
[Yup, that's me, getting soccer moms to wild out to opera songs with glocks]

What is your biggest fear?
'Blinded By The Lights' by The Streets

What is your biggest secret?
'Bad Moon Rising' by CCR "I see the bad moon arising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightning. I see bad times today." [I can see the future... just don't tell anyone]

What do you think of your friends?
'But, Honestly' by Foo Fighters "And tonight I thank the stars, As I count my lucky scars, For everything you've given me"

What will you post this as?
'Burnt Offering' by Blue Scholars


Awesome Song of the Day: Serengeti - "Dennehy"


Completely Random Video of the Day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's The Handle?

I dont have anything to do so i thought i would have some fun and do this

What do your friends think of you?
'Fire in the Eye' by Brother Ali & BK-One "stand close to me, watch me hopefully, because you gonna see my gift open the door for me."[interesting]

If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
'Scars of the Crucifix' by Jedi Mind Tricks [don't know how this works]

How would you describe yourself?
'Gold digger' by Kanye West [does this mean I'm a gold digger or something else? I'm just glad this didn't come up for the next question.]

What do you like in a girl?
'Rodeo Clowns' by G. Love & Special sauce "Teeny bopping disco queen, She barely understands her dreams, Of belly button rings, And other kinds of things"[had no idea...kinda works i think.]

How do you feel today?
'Tree Hugger' by Antsy Pants [so i guess i wish i was something else today.]

What is your life’s purpose?
'Thankful 'n Thoughtful' by Robert Randolph & The Family Band [makes for a good life purpose]

What is your motto?
'Incense And Candles' by Prince "Eye've got 2 have a partner that's willing and able" [there are some other dirty ones i wanted to use from the song but this is a good one.]

What do you think about very often?
'Ms. Jackson' by Outkast [hmmm]

What is 2 + 2?
'Creepy guy' by Dane Cook [Didn't know that!]

What do you think of your best friend?
'Men in black' by Forever The Sickest Kids [Sure why not the version works. funny thing is I'm watching it right now.]

What do you think of the person you like?
'What is Mine' by O.A.R "Found my salvation, Render me patient, But wearing me thin, So I'm on the way back home"

What is your life story?
'Losing Hope' by Jack Johnson
"But hanging on is easy, When you've got a friend to call, When nothings making sense at all, You're not the only one that's afraid of change" [The rest of the song is kinda sad but this part works for now.]


What do you want to be when you grow up?
'Step into the Realm' by the Roots [Don't think I'm gonna be an awesome rapper but there is a chance...haha]

What do you think of when you see the person you like?
'Sholiz' by Nappy Roots "Good God Almighty, look at what we have here" [The only line in the song that works with the question.]

What will you dance to at your wedding?
'All the Way' by Craig David
"Pretty cool girl, Come chill with me, We'll pull up to the after party, Coz tonight we're going all the way" [Don't think that is gonna be it but whatever]

What will they play at your funeral?
'Lost In The Supermarket' by Ben Folds "Long distance callers make long distance calls, And the silence makes me lonely" [kinda sad and not what i thought]

What is your hobby/interest?
'Backpack -N- Eldorado' by Brooks Buford [its about getting in trouble when your young and then trying to stop and run away from it...kinda works but i wouldn't call it a hobby or interest.]

What is your biggest fear?
'She is Love' by Oasis " [I'm gonna leave that one open for interpretation]

What is your biggest secret?
'The Dufrenes' by Mitch Hedberg [the Dufrenes are locked in my trunk..haha]

What do you think of your friends?
'Act a Fool' by Ludacris [sometimes they act a fool...everyone does right?]

What will you post this as?
'Where's The Handle?' by Dane Cook