Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Here We Go

For months now, I couldn't figure out what I wanted this blog to be about. Be it sports, life, women, movies, music, whatever. But as I was laying in bed the other night, I thought I'd just start it off with a recap of my 2008.

In the last year:
  • I've met some incredible people who have influenced me in ways I could never imagine. I moved out of an apartment with my best friend, and moved 3 blocks north into an apartment with, when I think about it, 2 dudes I didn't really know that well. But I easily had the best summer of my life, which I'm sure was due to living across the street from Wrigley Field, my roommates, and the guys next door. I always thought being drunk at 3 o'clock in the afternoon on a Saturday was a bad thing, but these guys showed me it's perfectly OK to pass out by 4, wake up at 7, and start it all again.
  • I have the best front porch view in Chicago.
  • I started a new job which I absolutely loved, but didn't commit myself to 100% like I should have, and it eventually hurt my time working. I got to travel around the Midwest and work with 2 of my best friends and I got paid for it. 2009 is going to be The Year of FUZE.
  • I updated the "Official Wrigleyville Scoreboard"
  • I turned 23, and realized that I've still got some time to grow up. I had a good conversation with my neighbor last night about this; he's a few years older than I am and he's starting to realize that he can't keep living the life he does now forever. Sadly, this conversation ended with him saying that barring unforeseen circumstances, all the guys next door will move out come May, thus I shed a tear. But the point is, he said he wishes he had more time, and that it was OK for me to still have no idea what I want to do with my life.
  • I sang "Go Cubs Go" A LOT
  • I had one of the best days of my life
  • I had one of the worst days of my life
  • I got my heart broken, again.
  • I played a lot of beer pong, eventually got sick of it, and...
  • I played a new drinking game that consumed my life for the remainder of the year, and continues to this day
  • I fell in love with hip-hop again
  • I visited both Motherlands
  • I saw some fantastic movies [The Wackness, Slumdog Millionaire, RocknRolla, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Wall-E, Tropic Thunder, In Bruges, and Son of Rambow]
  • Most of my favorite artists came out with new outstanding records [Atmosphere, Oasis, Snow Patrol, The Streets, The Roots, Coldplay]
And last but certainly not least,

I ran into a street pole. Sorry, no link for that one.

Completely Random YouTube Video of the Day


Awesome song of the day:


No comments: